Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

TT: Teachers Troubles

Hej everyone! Long time no see... I've been gone for a long time. Different reasons I won't write about here, maybe another post some way down the lane.

So for some weeks I've been a norwegian teacher, it happened quite suddenly and unexpected. I'm studying scandinavian studies and we have a mailing list, were we get updates regularly. There was this email saying that the asta (a students organisation) need a norwegian teacher, best starting that week or the week after that.
And I remembered that I like to teach people things. I've been teaching afghans norwegian in Norway and that was great fun! I applied without thinking about it. And I think that was the best thing I could've done, because if I start thinking I often get afraid and then I feel paralyzed, resulting in me doing nothing.
So the day after my application I went to the coordinator of the language courses and we talked about a lot of stuff. I needed to pick a book and think about how to actually teach the students. It overwhelmed me, but I had already committed, so I just kept moving.

There were more than 30 people, that were interested in learning norwegian. How awesome is that. So now I have 26 students in 3 courses. It's good for my depression, because I need to go out, people expect me to show up and to be prepared.

The classrooms have blackboards with chalk and I use them a lot, this results in me looking like this after class:
First up: my grey trousers, I took this picture after getting home by bicycle, so it faded some.





I took this picture directly after class outside the building. The pants are black originally ^^


4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for going through with this! I know you don't always feel that way but you seem very strong since you started teaching and I'm sure this experience will keep making you stronger. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Lisa-Marie! this sounds wonderful. When Amke told me you are teaching Norwegian, there was this warmth in my heart - this feels right! Same reading your lovely Teacher Trouble blog^^!
    God's gifts come unexpectedly... :*

    ReplyDelete